A blog about cycling...especially the long distance stuff

Saturday 22 April 2017

Perth to Adelaide - Day 8 - Albany

Late last night the rain came down hard. I couldnt sleep, worrying about whether I'd pitched the tent well enough. It was fine in the end but not a great night.

Today was just hard. Quite a stiff headwind and was getting regularly spooked by vehicles way too close. A highlight at Denmark was the best muffin I'd ever eaten in my life...but the less said about today the better...just couldn't find any energy.

Making Albany was pure relief and I've got enough time to take another day off to sort myself out.



Enough about ME. The support and donations coming through have been amazing. One friend sent me an awesome message a few days back about his own brush with Testicular Cancer, which he survived. These words mean a lot to me and make it all worth while...expecially on the days that don't go do well.

We have now raised $4382 for innovation in Cancer Research. How cool is that!!

Tomorrow, I need to prep for another remote stretch out to the 'frontier' town of Esperance, work on the bike, and contact Cure Cancer Aus who are after some promotional material.

In the meantime, a big thank YOU!

Distance today: 95km, slooowly
Hills: 593m

3 comments:

  1. Yay for great muffins!!! Boo to the weather!! Love your work man, you're doing great xo Lots of love from all the Fryers!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for your witty and interesting updates - hang on in there D - you are doing a great thing for cancer research ... continue riding strong x
    everyone in the office is following your progress and we are proud of you

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cheers guys! There will be good days and bad, but am still moving ;)

    ReplyDelete