A blog about cycling...especially the long distance stuff

Friday 13 January 2017

Perth to Adelaide this Autumn

Its been quite some time now since I had a good tour...way too long! I hope the legs can remember what to to do...and of course that means some training now to at least get a reasonable fitness base ready.

The plan this time is to fly out to Perth, head south through Margaret River and Cape Leeuwin, then veer east through Albany, Denmark to Esperance and then across the Nullabor Plain to Augusta, before turning south and heading through the Clare Valley down to Adelaide.



It's about 3500 km all up, and I have a 5 week time limit. I'll also be fundraising for a charity so a little more on that later...so many details to plan now but it's just very exciting to have a big goal again...more to follow...Game On!

1 comment:

  1. Hi Bagel on a Bike, I'd use your name but for the life of me I cant find it in all your posts. I came across your blog about a year ago after I started thinking of a ride from Perth to Sydney. I'm a weekend rider, have never even done an overnight ride, but I'm thinkibg about the ride across Oz as my next challenge. Your blog (mainly yours, and 1 or 2 others) has been so good in educating me about the ride. I hope to ride in another year or 2. I want to do some trips way from Perth as part of preparation and training. But can I cheat by asking you a question? I don't want to reinvent the wheel, so, do you have an equipment list you can send me as a starting point? When I go into camping stores mowadays I tend to check out everything lightweight, but if you are able to email me a list the I'd really appreciate it. Sincerely, John Hall in Perth

    ReplyDelete